best looking 426 anyone

did you paint the gas tank your self? or did it come black?? and what did it cost you?

No paint (that's never held up for any extended length in the past for me) so I had to drop the coins for the black one, which was unfortunate since the bike already had the blue IMS oversize on it. By the way, I have a blue one for sale if anyone's interested, it's just sitting in my garage waiting to be bought.

J

thats funny, my bike is almost exactly like the thread starters bike. same graphics, same pipe. howd you keep your graphics on your tank from turning brown?

PICT2038.jpg

hey Stillsun, i sent you a pm on the tank

I converted my '02 to the 450 plastics and used a hurricane kit at the same time. Mostly stock except for a 450 cam, the FMF Q2, and the front forks have been worked over.

Click here: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398433

For before and after picks.

I converted my '02 to the 450 plastics and used a hurricane kit at the same time. Mostly stock except for a 450 cam, the FMF Q2, and the front forks have been worked over.

Click here: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398433

For before and after picks.

Very nice. :lol:

here's a few pics of minebike010.jpg

bike012.jpg

I wish I could keep mine in the house!

When I move out and get my own house, the bike may very well get to be in the house...

And when you get married, either the bike or you and the bike will be back outside. :lol:

I wish I could keep mine in the house!

I like my bed too much to try that...so i put carpet in my garage. Nice job on the SE.

I think my bike looks good.... but with my grand-kids sitting

on it, it looks even better. :lol:

DSC00485.jpg?t=1168374492

DSC00482.jpg?t=1168374544

I like the black frame guards and waterpump guard. The lights look pretty cool also...what setup is that?

The frame guards are real carbon fiber and the engine guards are just powdercoated. The headlight is an acerbis cyclope! Thanks!

dsc01286yl5.jpg

dsc01284ze8.jpg

my pride and joy :lol:

Hows that kickstand work for you probikerguy2? Also, what kind is it?

its a trail tech from what i remember, the stand works fine, had a problem with the return spring breaking but replaced it and its been fine. from what i hear trail tech has upgraded the design and is a little more rigid

The yellow looks so good on tose bikes. I am so confused, for years all I wanted was a blue Yamaha. Now that I have one I keep thinking I want to convert it to old school yellow! I am such a chick sometimes :lol:

The yellow looks so good on tose bikes. I am so confused, for years all I wanted was a blue Yamaha. Now that I have one I keep thinking I want to convert it to old school yellow! I am such a chick sometimes :confused:

If you "REALLY" want to do it... here is the web-site.

http://www.mxsouth.com/oneindustries/one_industries_yzf250426450.htm

Best price I could find. And just my to cent; get a yellow tack too. It makes all the difference. :lol:

dsc01284ze8.jpg

my pride and joy :lol:

Nice bike probikerguy. If you take a heat gun or a hair dryer to those stress marks in your plastics they will all but disappear. I actually use a blowtorch but do it very, very carefully.