HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ssevans

Thinking about a WR250/450F

8 posts in this topic

I have a 06 Husky TE 610 and love it as a dual sport. BUT I really want something smaller and lighter also. I will admit that I am a bit of a power nut and were i live is very sandy. I weigh almost 200 lbs and just trail ride. would a 250f be enough?

I would say go with the 450 I have read alot of threads on here about people trying to get more power out of there 250s. And if you ride in the sand alot I don't think the 250 will have enough power.

IMO it would be better to have too much and not use it all, then to not have enough and can't get. Unless you want to buy a bike twice. I am 6', 195lbs, and absolutely love my WR450. This is my first 4-stroke, I just came from a YZ250, and what a change for the better. Go to your local shop and ride both, see which you like more. Besides the motor size, all of the dimensions are basically the same,250 weighs 13lbs less, whoopee. Hate to hear that you regret your purchase either way, good luck man. :thumbsup:

Do not even consider the 250F. I rode an enduro that was held in really sandy conditions on a borrowed 250F and I had to quit halfway thru. Those little bikes are fun and all, but they are severly limited in sandy conditions.

ya I am thinking the same, My Te is over 300 lbs and i just want to have something super nimble, but i think i would kill a little 250. now do I get a 07 or an old one?

Lots of folks on here have moved up from an older WR to a new '07. Sounds like if you have the cash, get the '07. :thumbsup: