Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrrubenstein

warming up

8 posts in this topic

I have a question about letting my yz 450 warm up. I started it and let it warm up and after about 5 or 6 min of straight idlein i would crack the throttle a little bit and I noticed the antifreeze would come out of the overflow. Is this something i should be concerned about? It is a new bike i dont know if maybe it has something to do with breakin it in. Let me know what u know k thanx

Its getting to hot man, dont let it sit that long. Maybe a min thats it..if its real cold. Cant believe you didnt mention your header pipe glowing bright red:naughty:

Let it idle or run at a standstill for no more than two minutes when cold, 30 seconds or so when warm. A good warm up is important, but you should finish it on the fly by taking it easy for a few minutes.

. Cant believe you didnt mention your header pipe glowing bright red:naughty:

Or my exhaust is popping and my new chain stretched:bonk:

I was told once that letting your bike warm up for more than a minute or two causes carbon build-up on your spark plug. Is there any truth to that?

I was told once that letting your bike warm up for more than a minute or two causes carbon build-up on your spark plug. Is there any truth to that?

I haven't found any truth in that. Now, if you start the bike for a minute and shut it off without properly warming it up, it may foul the plug (gas fouled). But under normal use, idling a bike for a couple minutes won't hurt anything.

I wonder why, try letting it worm up at idle for 10-15 minutes next time, your simply not giving it enough worm up. I mean at 5 – 7 min warm up your only at what 220 degrees, maybe try reaching 250 before you take off. J/K 1-2 minute warm up is plenty if not too much.