650R 0-60 times?

i read the DRZSM got 5.45 tested by motorcycle consumer news....

anyone tested out there 650R?

stock gearing , 3.5 sec

just for interest ,the yamaha R1 - 1.667 secs

stock gearing , 3.5 sec

just for interest ,the yamaha R1 - 1.667 secs

The 650r would be a little quicker than the DRZSM. Not 3.5 seconds. I would think in the low 5 second range. The R1 may be 2.6-2.8 seconds but not 1.6.

The 650r would be a little quicker than the DRZSM. Not 3.5 seconds. I would think in the low 5 second range. The R1 may be 2.6-2.8 seconds but not 1.6.

He may be correct if he's talking KPH, New Zealand:prof:

no, i was actually talking mph

i saw the r1 drag time in a recent mag

http://www.dragtimes.com/Yamaha-YZF-Timeslip-8921.html

this link has it down for 1.8 secs

as for xr650r i tried to measure that myself before , in street setup, without a doubt she is around the 4 second mark.

That's the 60 foot time not mph.

Ciao hondacrf150f1, in this test of an Italian magazine you can see:

tabella02.jpg

In the "Accelerazione" board (upper right) the first line has said:

0-100 metres in 5.502 seconds, final speed 105.3 km/h

1 kilometre = 1,000 metres and 1 mile = 1,609.3 metres

1 yard = 0.914 metre and then

0-110 yards in 5.502 seconds, final speed 65.4 mp/h

at least 0-60 mp/h in (more or less) 5,4 seconds.

so about the same as the DRZ...i was thinking about doing getting a 650R with SM set up...but after battery and lights the XR will be slower than the DRZSM lol...

so about the same as the DRZ...i was thinking about doing getting a 650R with SM set up...but after battery and lights the XR will be slower than the DRZSM lol...

No it won't, in the real world a XR650SM will spank a DRZ....those times (drz) are by

a professional rider at a sea level track, take a DRZSM and a plated XR650RSM out andsee who wins a dragrace....the XR will smoke the DRZ everey time.

Stock gearing on an uncorked 650rSM...

I would start in 2nd leaning forward enough so you don't wheelie really high when you launch. If you are less than 200 lbs, you should smoke a few non-crotchrocket bikes to 60. Keep the throttle pinned and barely grab the clutch when shifting up.