06 YZF linkage clunk?

After one season of riding Motocross the rear linkage has developed a "clunk" at the top of the stroke (full extension). You can feel the clunk when you lift the bike to set it on the stand....

I have replaced all bearings in the linkage and the shock.

Is this normal? The linkage bolts and bearings all seem ok. The swing arm bearing are ok also... no side to side.

When I isolate each movement of the linkage there seems to not be any odd movement.

Any help would be great

Jetnurse

After one season of riding Motocross the rear linkage has developed a "clunk" at the top of the stroke (full extension). You can feel the clunk when you lift the bike to set it on the stand....

I have replaced all bearings in the linkage and the shock.

Is this normal? The linkage bolts and bearings all seem ok. The swing arm bearing are ok also... no side to side.

When I isolate each movement of the linkage there seems to not be any odd movement.

Any help would be great

Jetnurse

Did you replace after noticing the clunk? Sounds like shock bearings to me....my 03 is having similar symptom....I will break down all the linkage here soon ...

I know if the top shock bolt comes loose at all it will clunk. You said that you checked that though. Maybe something inside the shock is broken.

I have replaced the bearings on the shock and linkage.. That sholdent be the problem. The shock was looked at by a suspension tech, OK .

Just lookin to see if this has happened to anybody else?

Jetnurse