What hand guards do you recommend?

I did a search and found very little results in this forum. I have Acerbis Rally Pros on my WR450 but they bent both times I've gone down and they weren't even hard crashes. They look great and have saved my hands so I guess they are worth it but man are they soft!

I was just curious if anyone could suggest something better.

I use the MSR Deflector handguards, they have taken a BEATING and I still haven't bent them. They are great in the summer because they don't really block any wind, and in the rain or cold I attach the MSR Deflector shields to them for more protection from the weather.

I have the Acerbis Rally Pro's on my son's bike and they bent fairly quickly...so much so that they were getting in the way of the front brake lever and I had to reposition them to continue riding. Same story with my buddy's Rally Pro's.

I use the MSR Deflector handguards, they have taken a BEATING and I still haven't bent them. They are great in the summer because they don't really block any wind, and in the rain or cold I attach the MSR Deflector shields to them for more protection from the weather.

I have the Acerbis Rally Pro's on my son's bike and they bent fairly quickly...so much so that they were getting in the way of the front brake lever and I had to reposition them to continue riding. Same story with my buddy's Rally Pro's.

Exactly my experience but with the clutch lever. I went down maybe 10mph and thought I bent my bars until I figured out the rally pros bent. The only good thing is that they are so soft that you can bend them back but that's lame! I'll check into your recommendations.

The cycra racer pack and moose aluminium handguards are by far the best sellers at the TT Store.

Most buy the Cyra Pro-Bend Racer Pack

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=559&s=2

With the low profile shields..... A little lower on the page.

Cycras do come with shields but are a little big and most prefer the smaller ones.

Here are the Moose Hanguards

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=553

The actual hand guard and the plastic shield are sold seperately.

They are both on that page.

Also don't forget you are gonna need a new throttle tube with a removeable end or open end.

The Moose aluminum throttle tube is popular

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=582

Aswell as the MotionPro plastic one with removeable endcap

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=583&s=2

Just depends what you want.

I personally run the Cycra Probends with the Low Profile shields and the Moose aluminum throttle tube.

If I get either the Cycra or Moose guards and then switch to a fatter bar will I have to get a whole new setup?

If I get the Cycra triple clamp mounted ones does that give me the flexibility of whatever size bars?

If I'm reading things correctly, the moose seems a lot cheaper then the Cycra especially if I buy the lower profile guards on top of the Cycra price.

Out of curiosity....would the Acerbis Rally Pros that I have on my stock 04 WR bars fit the stock 06 YZ? I don't like how easily they bend but I'll take them off my WR before I sell it anyway because they look like I've fallen really bad even though they were minor falls. I could always put them on my YZ initially until go back to the states again in March or April.

Get the Cycras barkbuster mount that mounts on the side of the triple clamp. It's much stronger and doesn't move around regardless of how hard you crash. Another bonus is that it doesn't matter whether or not you have 7/8" or 1 1/8" bars because they don't mount to the bar. One other bonus is routing your cables and brake hoses is much easier with triple clamp mount than the bar style mount. I had Cycra bark busters on originally but after tweeking them I just bought some cheaper Moose barkbusters and they mounted right up and work just as well. Acerbis Rally pros aren't very robust when it comes to crash survivability when compared to some barkbusters mounted via the Cycra triple clamp mount.

With the Moose ones you have to buy the alumimum bar and plastic piece separately correct?

That is correct, but you have the option of leaving the plastic shields off in hot/good weather. i was on dubach's website today & they have a nice looking setup as well, anybody run these?

Get the Cycras barkbuster mount that mounts on the side of the triple clamp. It's much stronger and doesn't move around regardless of how hard you crash. Another bonus is that it doesn't matter whether or not you have 7/8" or 1 1/8" bars because they don't mount to the bar. One other bonus is routing your cables and brake hoses is much easier with triple clamp mount than the bar style mount. I had Cycra bark busters on originally but after tweeking them I just bought some cheaper Moose barkbusters and they mounted right up and work just as well. Acerbis Rally pros aren't very robust when it comes to crash survivability when compared to some barkbusters mounted via the Cycra triple clamp mount.

Hey PK, I'm a little confused by your post. You had me going with the Cyras mounted to the triple clamp then you mentioned that you ended up replacing them with the Moose ones. The moose ones are quite a bit cheaper, are the Cycras worth twice as much?