HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blade Man

Dry break system ???

5 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me about the dry brake system for tanks?:thumbsup:

I am looking into a Large capacity tank and am not sure what the advantages of a dry brake system are if any. In fact I know nothing about the dry brake system so any input will help.:devil:

Thanks,

Blade man

only advantage is faster fill ups with the right gas can. great for loong distance racing.

a dry break is basically a spring loaded setup that you push in to fill with the nozzle on the can, pull the can off, and the spring seals the cap. no screwing on/off.

dry brakes are mostly for racing. quick pit stops save huge amounts of time. the down side is the cost and the need for a dry brake dumper.

You need a special dump can for the dry-break system. If you don't have the dump can then it is a pain and very slow getting gas in, especially with a regular fuel jug. You are way better off getting a regular screw on type if you're not racing. If you're racing the dry-break is a huge benefit. You can get a dry break tank with a screw on adapter to go back and forth between dry break and screw-on type. It only takes a couple minutes to unscrew and change out.

Thanks for the input guys. Not sure what I will get yet but at least I know something about them now. Thinking about racing but not sure that I can aford it yet.