Winterising 650L

Just got through doing what I consedered winterising my 06 650L. Changed the oil, drained the fuel from tank and carb and left carb drain open so it dries as with the gas cap but i put a towel over the tank so no debree gets in. Also unhooked the ground for the battery. Just wondering if I should do anything else and If I will have a problem with any seals drying and cracking in the carb which is stock save for Dyna-jetted and Dave modded.

Yeah I know winter sissy, but hey just got an 06 f150 lariat why suffer.:thumbsup:

Todd

Winterising, = new knobbies, or if applies, some of them james bond chasing in the snow spiked knobbies. Warm winter riding gear.

better keep a battery tender plugged in, to keep battery charged, you may have to ride sooner than you think especially when that new FORD, is found on road dead, (they sure dont build em like they used to) after my new f150 left me on the road 3 times in the first month of ownership they got it back and I got a refund. I hope yours wasnt built on a friday, monday or a day before or after a holiday, or after that poker game, or before it! oh make sure your chiropractor is ready for you, the seats they put in em are sure to make your back ache! Check the rear window it probably leaks!

sOUNDS LIKE U EITHER HAD AN OLD ONE OR AN O4 F150. THOSE 04 WERE CRUD AND THE ONE I GOT IS A LARIAT WITH ALL THE BELLS N WHISTLES.SEATS ARE LIKE A LAZY BOY, BEEN FORD FAN SINCE I WAS 5 SORRY BOUT UR EXPERIENCE, AND U R RIGHT ABOUT WHAT WINTERIZING MEANS, SHOULD HAVE SAID HIBERNATING.

TODD

Your right it was an 04. went with the ford sd diesel and three trucks later I now drive a cummins dodge. Sadly, Ford burnt their bridge with me. I have always driven fords, have a 90 bronco with over a half million miles on the original 5.8L motor, will never sell it. But I must say I have had NO problems with my 06 Dodge. Good luck with the truck I hope you have no problems. Oh, pigs dont hibernate! get out there and ride, just pick your days.

Ha Ha rebelventure your right about the no hibernating, just havent gotten around to buying the winter riding gear.Think that just went to the top of my x-mas list. Have a good one.

Todd