HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blank Stare

04 450f problem

10 posts in this topic

I would do a search, but i don't know what this part is. I cant find it in the service manual that came with the bike either? On the head where the xhaust mounts up, directly above that There is a hole that i think use to have some sorta plug in it. There is noting there now and so oil came out of the hole. I found one picture in the manual section 4-82 that shows a bolt or plug there. What is it called and why is it not anywhere in the service manual. :thumbsup: HEEELLLLLPPPPPP

Sounds like the hole where they used to run the decompression mech. Check in the TT store for Decompression Plug. Hope this helps.

I was thinking that. I saw that TT has some special plug that is made not to blow out. but when i was reading the part description it was talking about a cam swap. I'll go back and check it out. What kinda of problem can occure from this plug blowing out? I think i caught it right after it happened.

The hole was there back when Yamaha used the manual decompression lever. When they went to auto-decompression, they didn't want to spend the money to re-tool the head (expensive), so they installed a rubber plug.

Sometimes it comes out, and that's what happened to you....order the new Aftermarket one from TT, and your problems are gone.

When they went to auto-decompression, they didn't want to spend the money to re-tool the head (expensive), so they installed a rubber plug.
Their actual reason for this was to allow retrofitting manual decompression, and they offered a complete kit to accomplish that.

They designed it out of the '06 head, since almost no one wanted to add the kit.

Oops, my bad....Grayracer is correct. I wrote that with my three year old and 4 month old crying, and had a Brain fart.

Their actual reason for this was to allow retrofitting manual decompression, and they offered a complete kit to accomplish that.

They designed it out of the '06 head, since almost no one wanted to add the kit.

i thought i already had that. the lever above the clutch lever