Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zar

Help- front fork oil!

8 posts in this topic

Not off the top of my head. But, if you go to the WR performance index (sticky topic) I think I saw "free WR manuals on PDF"

That should help you out.

Good luck

Does any one knows the recomended SAE size fork oil for the WR 450F 05'?

You will be wanting 5w oil mate. :thumbsup:

Use suspension specific oil for best results, there are heaps available.

By manual it's "01 fork oil", it corresponds to somewhere between 2.5W and 5W by MOTUL. If you can get Öhlins no. 5 oil, it's about it. Check the link

http://www.motul.com.au/product_line_up/fork_brake_others/images/PDF/forkoil_expert_blendchart.pdf

Sorry here is the better one

http://www.motul.com.au/product_line_up/fork_brake_others/images/PDF/forkoil_factoryline_blendchart.pdf

I'm using Mobil1 synthetic ATF.

Second that. The suspension action is just so......slick...is the best I can describe it as. This is especially noticeable in back-to-back comparisions between two similarly valved/adjusted bike where one has Mobil 1 ATF in it and the other (as in my test) Kayaba 01 oil. The best part is the Mobil 1 seems to maintain this slick/plush feel even after many, many hours of use. If you do switch from a suspension specific oil to the Mobil 1, you may have to adjust your clickers by one turn from your original settings.

I like it so much in the front, and as I work on my own suspension, I'm thinking of trying it out in the rear shock. I know people are going to say "too thick", but that's what I heard about using it in the front too, so we'll wait and see.

Second that. The suspension action is just so......slick...is the best I can describe it as. This is especially noticeable in back-to-back comparisions between two similarly valved/adjusted bike where one has Mobil 1 ATF in it and the other (as in my test) Kayaba 01 oil. The best part is the Mobil 1 seems to maintain this slick/plush feel even after many, many hours of use. If you do switch from a suspension specific oil to the Mobil 1, you may have to adjust your clickers by one turn from your original settings.

I like it so much in the front, and as I work on my own suspension, I'm thinking of trying it out in the rear shock. I know people are going to say "too thick", but that's what I heard about using it in the front too, so we'll wait and see.

Interesting and it makes sense. I would expect synthetic ATF to outlast pretty much any suspension fluid. I've always had good luck with PJ1 Cartridge Pro 3.5 but maybe next time I'll give the ATF a try.