2006 YZ450F exhaust looks smooth!

So as many of you know already, I have hated the huge stock muffler on my 06 since before I bought the bike. After not being able to find an exhaust that I liked and that fit into my budget, I spoke to Dave at MRD Racing. He already had a system jigged for the bike, but again, I didn't like how it stuck out so far. I gave him my ideas and he made them a reality. I also told him that I loved the stock power delivery so I didn't want to change it, so we decided on a slip on instead of a full system. Needless to say, I love it! ?

The muffler now sticks out from the number plate a total of 3 inches as compared to almost 7 for the stocker. It sounds awesome, but because he was able to keep the same length muffler, it's not overly loud. The power is great as well as it retaine dhte stock characteristics but just gave it a little more grunt everywhere.

I'll post pics as soon as I download them from the camera, but if you guys don't like the stocker hanging out, and you would like a little more juice as well as an amazing warranty for cheaper than almost any other exhaust around, check out the MRD. Be sure to tell him that you want the Baron spec system as he created an entirely new jig from he and my conversations.

Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where do you notice the power. Is in on down low or up top.
Sounds killer, does it have a removable endcap, so you can put a SA screen in?
I would like to see it.

Do you know if he is working on anything for the '07?

All good questions.?

Sorry I lagged. Thanks Dave. I just got the slip on so it didn't change the power delivery but it did give a nice little increase all around over the stock muffler. I reallly, really like it. It's exactly what I wanted.

no prob , I didnt know if your comp. was down or something , so I jumpped in , thats cool , Im really glad you like it ?

Like I said, the power delivery is the same as stock, just a little stronger all around since I just went with a slip on. If you want different power (bottom/mid or mid/top) Dave can get you a headpipe for that. Anything you want Dave can do.

My injuries are okay. I have permanent nerve damage along my left upper jaw, cheek and around my left eye. Nothing bad, just tingly and burns sometimes. Thanks for asking. ?

Like I said, the power delivery is the same as stock, just a little stronger all around since I just went with a slip on. If you want different power (bottom/mid or mid/top) Dave can get you a headpipe for that. Anything you want Dave can do.

My injuries are okay. I have permanent nerve damage along my left upper jaw, cheek and around my left eye. Nothing bad, just tingly and burns sometimes. Thanks for asking. ?

Thats good to hear your doing better. :devil:

Sorry, not try to jack the thread but DH368 did you sand your clutch cover? I did that to my covers as well but my dad brought up a good point. Does it tend to rust or anything after you did that? I haven't ridden since I did it so I was just curious if you have had any "problems".

I think it looks alot better. ?