HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DNX

NX 650 Suspension

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone upgraded the suspension on an old NX? I would like to improve the suspension so it is a little more dirt worthy and maybe get a little more travel at the same time.:thumbsup:

Any one with pics of an NX?

There are several companies that make aftermarket shocks for the NX. You could also swap out the forks for some from a XR600/650L. I did this to my Transalp and it worked out great!

What a cool looking bike. I love those things all though I have never ridden one. Unfortunately, I cannot veiw the link as I am not a member.

AlbinoPig

I picked up an old '88 NX with a quite few miles on it and am using it as a winter project. What started out as just a bike to goof around on because it was so cheap...has now turned into a semi-serious fix-it-up project.

So far I have:

1. Replaced the side covers with 'L' panels that have worked great to clear the dual mufflers on the NX.:thumbsup:

2. Replaced the lowered front fender with a 'Dirt bike' front.

3. In the process of replacing the fuel tank with an 'R' 6.6 gal tank from Acerbis.

4. In the process of replacing the front light/intrument panel assembly with???haven't got that far yet.

I was wanting to upgrade the suspension if I'm going to go much further. Better front springs and maybe some more clearance in the rear.

So far it has been a hoot to get into the garage and fiddle around with it. I know the bike isn't worth alot of money, and the amount of dough I may put into it may question my common sense...but the stress this thing relieving is substantial so it may be worth more than I'm figuring.:devil: