what size sprockets do you run

i am gonna be getting new sprockets and im not sure what actually is gonna last a long time ive heard that ironman is good ,what about sidewinder , and if i go to to a 48 in the rear and a 16 in the front is this gonna suck ,i ride whoops and desert .i just wanna get good traction and still have power and more top speed ,let me know what your running brand and size and what you ride or whatever

i am gonna be getting new sprockets and im not sure what actually is gonna last a long time ive heard that ironman is good ,what about sidewinder , and if i go to to a 48 in the rear and a 16 in the front is this gonna suck ,i ride whoops and desert .i just wanna get good traction and still have power and more top speed ,let me know what your running brand and size and what you ride or whatever

What bike do you have?

On my 00 426, I personally run a 14/47 in the desert, and have found that it has plenty of top end, along with a nice kick of acceleration anytime I want to get on the gas. Has a hard time pulling the wheel up though.

yz 450

06 YZ450F, i run stock front and 50 rear. 99% Motocross riding.

yz 450
OK, we're getting closer.

Now, what year? Makes a huge difference.

2004 yz 450 checkout the my garage for the current mods

My '03 has the same primary gearing as an '04. I run a 15/49 pretty much everywhere. It makes first a bit tall for trail riding, but we mostly go fast enough that it isn't an issue. OTOH, in the desert it gives me enough gear for most situations without being too tall to play around back in the deep breaks of the washes in the badlands. I probably won't gear it any higher, although a 15/47 might work, and I don't think I'd want a 16 on it. That big a front sprocket would require a new case saver, and a notch ground into the front of the chain slider.