HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chpxr

fuel tank

5 posts in this topic

has anyone tried to put a tank from a xr water cooled bike on a none water cooled bike i was just thinking it might be a good cooling deal with the shrouds directing the air plus might make a nice spot for a oil cooler to go just a thought

thanks

rob:ride:

I haven't actually tried it, but don't bother, it wont work. The XR650R and XR650L, XR600 frames/body have nothing in common.

In theory, if you have enough fabrication/welding experience you _might_ get it to fit, but what is it you think is missing from the available air cooled XR tank options?

Why not try mounting a stock 650L tank-it has air deflecting "wings" and I think it would bolt on fairly easily with some minor modification. I have read in the past that the 600R tank and 650L tank bolt on slightly different.

i was just wondering i'm not planning on doing it i just wondered if anyone had done it:ride:

I've got a winter project going where I am mounting an Acerbis 6.6 gallon tank to an old NX.:thumbsup: It is the one that fits an XR.

I know that I will need to do some fairly major fabrication on the mounting tabs but I've heard of guys doing it before. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm looking for a range of 200 to 250 miles between fuels stops. hopefully, this will do it!

What else does a guy do when it's snowing outside?