Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbehr624

Tall Seat??

11 posts in this topic

Anybody here run a tall seat on their 06? I was thinking about getting one, but before i do, i would like to see one on a bike and would like to know which one is the best. Thanks for any input or pictures.

yea I am in the same boat. I am trying to decide whether to send my seat out to Guts racing or to just buy a SDG. I like the idea of having a complete seat, but the SDG's are backordered. Can Guts do a tall, step seat? Anyone used Guts before? They told me to send my seat and they would install the new one for me which is nice.

I put an FX tall foam and cover on my 06, along with a BRP sub mount stabilizer. I didn't like it, so I went back to stock. To me it made the bike feel clumsy. Maybe I'm not tall enough [6'] for it to work for me. I don't have any pics, but it looked ok. Also, I still have the parts if anyone is interested.

well i am out on the tall seat... Cant afford new bars so, no seat:bonk: But oh well, if i bend my bars ever, new seat here i come. oh and what pro taper bars are a high bend? Reeds are right?

well i am out on the tall seat... Cant afford new bars so, no seat:bonk: But oh well, if i bend my bars ever, new seat here i come. oh and what pro taper bars are a high bend? Reeds are right?

I had a pair of pro taper countours on my last bike in the high cr bend & liked them. I am 6'1" & they fit me well on my last bike. They are for sale in the classifieds.

The Reed/Henry bend is taller than the stock ones, but the Windham bend is taller than the Reed or the CR high bend, with less pullback/sweep than either.

oh and what pro taper bars are a high bend? Reeds are right?

I run KX High bend in the Pro Taper Contours. I believe they are taller than Windoms, Reeds or CR high bends

I run a tall seat and like it. I am 6'3" though...I still might trim off some of the foam to make a step seat. I want a "pocket" to sit in.

I'm 6.0 foot but have long legs. I have a tall seat that I added with some foam. I tried the SDG but felt no real difference. What a rip-off! I went to a garage sale and found an old yamaha seat and formed the seat the way I wanted it and used a Honda non-slip seat cover from a 2002 Honda.

Works good for me!

I dont like the stock bars. Looking for some tall bars. I have the Scotts damper. Works real good. Good luck!