Jetting or Air screw/ glowing header

I just installed a WB Aluminum pro2 on my 07 450.. I rode it yesterday for the first time and really liked it alot... it broadened out an already broad power band it like made better everywhere. I called WB the day before they said i could run stock jetting so I did... it popped a little yesterday so i turned it out 1/4-1/2 on the air screw. Today i changed filter and and oil and when I was warming my bike up as I "brapped" the throttle it hesitates and sometimes pops with a little fire bolt... then I looked at my header and the thing was GLOWING red looked like an M60 machine gun after you shoot 800 rounds through it lol i only had it running for about 2 min and I put it in gear and ran it slowly just to heat up the oil faster.

Any ideas?

I've just about read every jetting post on this site and everyone says the same thing... 48p 170m. all i had to do on my 06 was richen up my a fuel screw, and im getting no popping at sea level. imagine that!

I belive it , there are allot of factors involved :worthy:

sea level : lucky you

a lot of us are are a little higher than sea level!

I'm not sure if there's anywhere to ride around Badwater, I'm pretty sure it's all protected Nat'l parkland, but it's 282 feet BELOW sea level.The truly amazing part is, only 120 miles away, in the same county, is Mt. Whitney, the highest elevation in the the Con.USA, at 14,500. Even crazier than that is, there is a supermarathon that people run from Badwater to Whitney portal, over 100 miles, in summertime, and it's so hot that your shoes literally melt off your feet. That's nuts. I went to high school with a guy who has won it a couple of times, Craig Karnazes. But that's beside the point, the point being, I wonder if you would have to jet differently to run at 282 ft below sea level? If you aren't underwater, does the body (or a carburetor) feel any pressure change from 14.7 PSI? Since I am a diver, I wonder, because if you were diving, that's almost 9 atmospheres, like 115 PSI greater than sea level, but without the water pressure the ambient pressure wouldn't feel different, and therefore sea level jetting would be fine, I imagine. But it's possible that a carb might feel what the body doesn't - most people get on just fine at 5000 ft of elevation, but a carb certainly needs adjusting. Does it work the other way as well? Although 282 ft isn't enough to make much difference, it's not like 5000 feet below sea level, where it would be quite impossible to ride. There is no place on earth 5000 ft below sea level that isn't underwater.

I'm not sure if there's anywhere to ride around Badwater, I'm pretty sure it's all protected Nat'l parkland, but it's 282 feet BELOW sea level.The truly amazing part is, only 120 miles away, in the same county, is Mt. Whitney, the highest elevation in the the Con.USA, at 14,500. Even crazier than that is, there is a supermarathon that people run from Badwater to Whitney portal, over 100 miles, in summertime, and it's so hot that your shoes literally melt off your feet. That's nuts. I went to high school with a guy who has won it a couple of times, Craig Karnazes. But that's beside the point, the point being, I wonder if you would have to jet differently to run at 282 ft below sea level? If you aren't underwater, does the body (or a carburetor) feel any pressure change from 14.7 PSI? Since I am a diver, I wonder, because if you were diving, that's almost 9 atmospheres, like 115 PSI greater than sea level, but without the water pressure the ambient pressure wouldn't feel different, and therefore sea level jetting would be fine, I imagine. But it's possible that a carb might feel what the body doesn't - most people get on just fine at 5000 ft of elevation, but a carb certainly needs adjusting. Does it work the other way as well? Although 282 ft isn't enough to make much difference, it's not like 5000 feet below sea level, where it would be quite impossible to ride. There is no place on earth 5000 ft below sea level that isn't underwater.

yes the carb would know its was below sea level presure wise but other factors like temp and water grains would detirmine if it would need to be richened . :worthy:

sea level : lucky you

a lot of us are are a little higher than sea level!

So, if most of you are above sea level, then a lean setup shouldnt be all that bad. i live at sea level, and ride between 3000ft - 4000ft. bike runs the same at both locations :D . maybe i just got the golden ticket? :worthy: ha

So, if most of you are above sea level, then a lean setup shouldnt be all that bad. i live at sea level, and ride between 3000ft - 4000ft. bike runs the same at both locations :devil: . maybe i just got the golden ticket? ? ha

I would think that the jetting must be off for both locations! Probably too lean at sea level though still powerful and it makes it work decent at altitiude. BTW it is not a lean setup for them, just lean in relation to yours.