fork swap for xr650L?

i was thinking of getting a set of inverted forks for my 650L, i thought i read somewhere that a set off an early cr (1990-92) would fit without major modifications. any ideas?

Those should be a nice bolt on. I used a set of 99' CR250 Forks. I used the stock XR steering stem, just had a buddy who is a machinest make a couple of bushings to make it all work. The CR stem is much larger than the xR stem.

I think the 650L steering stem would be the same as the 600R thus implying that the same stem can be used.

I installed CRF450R forks on my 00 628R. Great forks with much better brakes:

IMG_4048.jpg

I think the 650L steering stem would be the same as the 600R thus implying that the same stem can be used.

IMG_4048.jpg

Did you have to press in the 600 stem or was it a direct bolt on for the trees and stem from the 450?

Just trying to get clarification before I start to aquire parts.

:thumbsup:

Go to http://www.emigracing.com/ for the custom stem. go to ER products then look for the XR/XRL/CR link under triple clamps.

Don't know if it's the only place but is an option.

nice looking bike rmhrc630 :thumbsup: where'd you get that alloy kickstand? looks cool...

IMG_4048.jpg

What diameter are those tubes? The part that goes in the tripple clamp, not the actual sliders. I have a set of WPs I may need to replace if I can't find parts....anyone know where I can get WP parts except WP?

CTXR650L, if I am not mistaken thats a ThumperTalk kickstand for the drz400 :thumbsup: