Muffler opinion

I have a '06 WR450 and am looking to change out the muffler tip or change the muffler. My question is... what is a good replacement either way? Opinions? What do you have? Thanks in advance. :worthy:

I have tried the PMB silent insert and now run the E2 muffler from White Brothers. If I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have bothered with the PMB insert.

Do you want to meet the California sound requirements?

if you don't mind loud, buy a used yz one cheap on eba, if not put in a pmb insert and maybe remove one baffle

I have tried the PMB silent insert and now run the E2 muffler from White Brothers. If I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have bothered with the PMB insert.

Do you like the E2, I was considering that one but I wanted some input first.:worthy:

If I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have bothered with the PMB insert.

Same here. I went with the FMF Powercore w/powerbomb header. Night and day difference over stock.:worthy:

Do you like the E2, I was considering that one but I wanted some input first.:worthy:

E2 is a nice pipe. The can is pretty tough aluminium so it won't dent as easy as the ti cans.

It comes with a spark arrestor silent endcap and a fully open endcap. So you can run it fully open or slightly restricted.

The bike hauls ass and has a nice more agressive sound to it now.

The fit is perfect so no issues there either.

The December Dirt Rider issue tested some pipes where the E2 was amongst the competition. From what it looked like the E2 did not give the most max gain but was really a solid improvemnet over the entire rev range and not just high rpm like many of the other pipes.

In a nutshell I am very pleased with it:thumbsup:

The Wr has a 5 or 6 stage baffle, so just adding a PMB endcap won't wake it up all that much w/out cutting out the baffles.

Like someone said, just go buy a used 03-05 YZ pipe off Ebay, should be no more than 60, and add a PMB endcap to that. That will wake it up alot and still be spark arrested and around 96 db's.

I got mine on ebay for 50.00 shipped, and it's awesome........ (looks even better when you polish it up )

PolishingMuffler.jpg

E2 is a nice pipe. The can is pretty tough aluminium so it won't dent as easy as the ti cans.

It comes with a spark arrestor silent endcap and a fully open endcap. So you can run it fully open or slightly restricted.

The bike hauls ass and has a nice more agressive sound to it now.

The fit is perfect so no issues there either.

The December Dirt Rider issue tested some pipes where the E2 was amongst the competition. From what it looked like the E2 did not give the most max gain but was really a solid improvemnet over the entire rev range and not just high rpm like many of the other pipes.

In a nutshell I am very pleased with it:thumbsup:

Thanks boer, I think I'll go with that one.:thumbsup: