CRF150R exhaust recommendations

Well i am new to TT but not new to MX. We just sold 3 PR2 RM85s to move on with the CRF150R and a CRF250F, we are still too small with the 250F but can ride it like a bat out of hell. He loves the CRF150R, has not ridden his bike yet due to its in a 1000 piecies right now on the garage floor, making it into a supermini. We have had some head work done, ordered a HC piston and cam, 28mm triple clamps and fastway pegs, was wondering what you guys are using for exhaust systems, we have a bunch of sponsorships to recieve discounts on systems but wondering what luck you have had with their being so many brands out there. Also who makes a taller seat for the CR or CRF ? the riders cockpit seems cramp to me, he doesnt complain, just my obversation.

Honestly, any aftermarket pipe these days is gonna be good. In fact, the stock pipe is pretty good too, but you need to think about what kind of power delivery you want? I personally would go with a two header system like BBR offers. A Torque pipe for tighter tracks and a Rev pipe for open, national-style tracks. I've ridden a 150R with both pipes and they rip! The Torque pipe pulls hard down low, quicker and sooner than the stocker while the Rev gains an easy 2hp on top over the stocker.

I haven't tested any pipes yet, but some mag testers that we race with said the Pro Circuit pipe ripped the best of the ones they tested. That's about all I know if that. For a tall seat, my friend took a BBR TTR125 tall foam and stretched the stock seat cover over it. It works great, but we are all adults and not kids. Don't ask me how he got it over the foam, but he did.

I am seeing various pipes on EBAY that are claiming 3-4HP, i want to see the curve, i have always had good luck with PC on 4 strokes and FMF on 2 smokes. I was told to watch the big headers at this altitude 6000ft, but we do race out of state at sea level. We are running the Yoshimuras on the CRF250, it came with them and on both our DRZ110s. The DMC exhaust claims 15%HP and his website is very knowledgeable, just wish i knew somebody who had tried one. The DrD seems to be good, i was hoping that some of the riders on here come forward with some responses, by the time the magazines do a shoot out it will probably be too late, i will have made a decision, the longer my son keeps screwing up at home the more time i have to wait.

In that case, nobody here is going to be able to tell you what exhaust makes the most, or best kind of power as the bikes haven't been out long enough to test them all. If you think you really need an aftermarket system, just pick the one you've had good luck with in the past. You'll need a dyno for back to back tests to determine if it's any better than stock.

any pipe with a small head pipe works the best ,large head pipes dont work on this bike not enough back pressure . we went with the pro circuit,it works really good , gave it more bottom end, it feels slower, but it isnt just more ridable, bbr pipe is said to do the same thing, akrapovic pipe is one example of a pipe that doesnt work on this bike.

Chp pipe is great they give ya two different head pipes to fine tune it a lil more... Great price too...

Do you mean CHM? I was going to them in the morning. I'm not finding a pipe for the CRF150R on their webpage. Talked to Vic from Honda at the motorcycle show in San Mateo last night and he said CHM has one....

If you don't mind me asking.... how much was it?

I'm 59 and the HP is fine........its the rear spring that I'm concern with.....

Nobody makes anything stiffer than 6.4 which is still too soft for my fat body

weighing in at 225....My YZ 450 deals with it OK but the little guy says

"Give me a break dude go on a diet" ha ha ha

Yeah right.....BC