YZ426 Grabby clutch

I have a WR426 with all the YZ 03 cam and all jetting mods :worthy: . I did the YZ03 cam mod to my buddy's YZ426. We went for a ride, he was impressed. We swapped bikes and I could not believe his clutch:foul: . Grabs while letting out, easy to stall, awful:thumbsdn: . He could not believe how smooth mine was. He had previously complained about it and I told to remove all the plates and make sure they all had the shiny side (smooth edge) out. He said that made heaps of difference. He also replaced the plates at the same time. Any idea's what he can do considering how good my original WR clutch is. Are they different? ::D

That's true only if your existing plates are in good condition.

Well, that goes without saying. You made it sound like he needed a complete clutch pack to improve his clutch....not necessarily so....

I guess I was responding to the thread starter. It was mentioned that his buddy put in new plates, I think.

There were many changes to the clutch 2000 vs 2001 (actuator arm, push rod, ball bearing etc.) . It can all be changed, or just those 3 parts, and get about the same result.:worthy:

Thanks for all the info:applause: :D

I am not sure if his bike is a 00 or 01 YZ. I know he is using similiar oil to me, semi synthetic. He works away for two weeks at a time, but will email him about the mod and all your info:thumbsup: :worthy: .

Where the WR's different?

Well, that goes without saying. You made it sound like he needed a complete clutch pack to improve his clutch....not necessarily so....... It can all be changed, or just those 3 parts, and get about the same result.:worthy:
And you're absolutely right. The only reason I brought it up is that even later clutches that did not have the grabbing problem built into them can and do develop it due to other wear conditions. But it is true that there's no harm in trying it your way even if the original clutch plates appear questionable, since all you would need to do would be to add the remaining plates to the stack. Your approach could potentially save an unnecessary expense.