Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NM_KDX200

Anyone running an FMF Q2?

3 posts in this topic

I just installed one and I'm a little disappointed. The low end power is GONE and the bike needs to be maybe 1/3 throttle before it "comes on the pipe". Then it runs good, but until then it feels "choked". This may just be a jetting issue, but I thought I'd query the People In The Know before I go buying jets.

On the upside, the pipe is nice and quiet. Very pleasant.

Opinions, experience, advice?

I just installed one and I'm a little disappointed. The low end power is GONE and the bike needs to be maybe 1/3 throttle before it "comes on the pipe". Then it runs good, but until then it feels "choked". This may just be a jetting issue, but I thought I'd query the People In The Know before I go buying jets.

On the upside, the pipe is nice and quiet. Very pleasant.

Opinions, experience, advice?

The only way I was able to cure the loss of low end power on our 04 yz250f's was to hang the megabomb header on the bikes as well. The loss of power on those bikes was considerable and the megabomb pulled it back out and made a more linear power curve.

I read somewhere they designed them as a system, so if you want to run the Q2 you really need the header. And the thing of it is, the sound levels really only reduce at test rpms. at wot the Q2 was right up there with the rest of the pips for being loud.

I have a YZ426 and I installed a new Q2 also with a power bomb header. I also installed a power now and I still have tons of power. I ran a 42 pilot jet and a 168 main jet.