Piston selection

I think I may need to replace my piston and rings. Probably going to go with a Wiseco but they only list a piston for years 1996 through 2006. Will this work in my 1994? I thought the engines were the same for all years? It says it's 10.25 - 1 compression also. That's higher than stock isn't it?

No, sorry I didn't mention it but it's a 650L. I looked at the Wiseco catalog already and they don't list a piston for my model year. The guy at the engine shop didn't seem to think he was going to have a problem finding one if I do need it. I'm hoping not because I've already bought the gaskets to reassemble it in stock form.

No, sorry I didn't mention it but it's a 650L. I looked at the Wiseco catalog already and they don't list a piston for my model year. The guy at the engine shop didn't seem to think he was going to have a problem finding one if I do need it. I'm hoping not because I've already bought the gaskets to reassemble it in stock form.

Two things, allways list model of bike, total model of bike.....but go to Al Bakers 4 strokes only and see what they have if you want big bore and a cam. Might as well do both, youll get serrious added hp and torque if you do both.

from what i found is the factory piston is usually far better than most aftermarkets