HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Summit

Devol Rad guards fit like crap

12 posts in this topic

Just installed one of the guards on my 05 wr450 and in my opinion they fit like crap. Had to bend and warp the plastic tank piece to get it back on. The aluminum guard doesn't fit exactly parallel with the radiator either. Noticed that the part number is the same for earlier yzf 426's, can't believe they'd fit the same. Anyone else put these on an 05 WR 450?

Send them back. I like my Unibiker guards. Fit well even after the radiator went to Mylers for straightening. If your looking for suggestions. The money to ship them back is worth being happy with the parts!

I've got ZipTy radiator braces and they didn't fit perfect either. But with a little filing, grinding, and bending they lined up just fine. I've never met a part that can't be made to fit.

I guess mayby I'm too picky. They are the right ones and they DO fit but they don't fit all that well and they don't look like they fit perfect either. Also as stated above they look like they'd offer little protection and would bend easily. I took the one I installed back out and put it back in the bag and now I have them for sale, a real bargain. $60. includes shipping. I paid $90.

I guess mayby I'm too picky. They are the right ones and they DO fit but they don't fit all that well and they don't look like they fit perfect either. Also as stated above they look like they'd offer little protection and would bend easily. I took the one I installed back out and put it back in the bag and now I have them for sale, a real bargain. $60. includes shipping. I paid $90.

send them back and get your self a pair of unabiker or unibaker they are the best

If you've already bent the radiators even a little, the guards won't fit perfectly. I installed some after the fact (should have put guards on the new bike), and even though my radiators were straightened by a professional, they still werent' lined up perfectly.

I'll defend the Devols. I have a set and am happy with them. They fit well except where the rad shrouds bolt on to them.

Now to be fair I don't have too many nasty getoffs as I am pretty cautious, but the Devols have done their job when I needed them.

And besides, I got a brand new set for around $30, including shipping.

Mine are the Flatland Racing guards, and I had to do a little work with the die grinder to get the shrouds to fight right. The guards themselves, however, bolted up to the bike just fine.

The Devol 's fit perfect on my 04 and they have done a great job on a few tough crashes. They may not fit the 05 or 06 well due to the different tank/shroud setup. I'd say call Ted up and see if they have a newer version. These guys are 10 miles from me and have been very helpful with a few projects. Great local business.