xr650r - does a BD Dual Sport kit restrict airflow

Does a Baja Designs Dual Sport kit battery, rectifier, and wiring on top of air box restrict airflow enough to require the side cover to be opened on a stock motor?

Does a Baja Designs Dual Sport kit battery, rectifier, and wiring on top of air box restrict airflow enough to require the side cover to be opened on a stock motor?

Not too sure which kit you are referring to here.... mine all mounts up

behind the front number plate above the headlight.

So, no it does not cause any issues if mounted there.

Can you post a link to the kit in question? thanks.

you have the quick release. The standard kit mounts as he said.

NO :worthy:

if it was up to me... actually it was up to me and i bought the quick release kit... definately an all around better package. if i remember right it was only an extra 100 bucks.

Have you had the seat off an xr650r and seen how/where thoes components mount? I can see no way that they would interfere with air flow into the intake..... so no, dont worry aboot it.

just to be safe though (better safe than sorry), drill out your side pannel, install a high flow filter, new can/ high flow header, hotcam...um, maybe a pumper carb....this should offset the added weight and such of the BD kit :worthy:

you have the quick release. The standard kit mounts as he said.

Oh, okay, thanks. I guess you could fit it all on top of the airbox without

causing any problems... if you're using the regular little "dry cell" battery pack. :worthy: