Zip-Ty magnetic plug workin hard!

AZ-

Go to Zip-Ty Racing for the plug. As far as your seat /tank, if you want used, I would suggest going over to the YZ forum, and asking around in there. I think you can use a 98 and up tank that will bolt right on. All the hardware worked on mine.

If your looking for a new tank/seat, alot of guys go for the Clarke tank, and an SDG complete seat. The seat is around $70, while the tank is ( I think), close to $175. I actually saw an IMS 3.3 gal tank on eBay a few weeks ago. Good luck!

Wayneo, How'zit brother! Finally recovering from a horrible hard drive failure over the weekend and just now getting back online...ROYAL PAIN IN THE A$$!!!

I think the metal shavings will continue forever, I believe most of it after a while is metalic clutch plate material. My Husaberg was 5 years old and still had a nice coating of shavings each change.

Have a good new year.

Late.

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought my bike new, I tried one of those magnetic plugs made by Moose and for some reason it wouldnt thread into the case. Anyone else ever had this problem?

It was for a YZ250 but they told me it would work on my bike. I checked Dennis Kirk and they said the same thing.

Hmmm, might have to try this plug.

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: MOmilkman ]

If anybody wanys one, or both of my moose "mag" plugs, you can have them. Neither one that I have will stick to my fridge, no less hold any chunks on it. The zip-ty plug will hold a complete cam, so I know it will hold any small chunks floating in the case. Fortunatly I haven't seen anything very big, but when Ty chipped a gear he still finished... Best 15$ for sure!! ?

I had a Zip Ty plug and loved it...had to recently replace it though, the threads are pretty soft and easy to over torque. I cranked the plug in one day and instead of getting tighter it kept gettting easier to turn...I had destroyed the threads, it still worked, but soon began to leak so I put the stocker back in and ordered another...lesson learned: use a torque wrench on these soft aluminum bolts!