HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sgifford

HotCam in my 650L

6 posts in this topic

I had to replace my stock camshaft, so I went with a HotCam. My top-end was very noisy, so I checked and found the camshaft and rocker arms were in need of replacement. While in there, I also replaced the cam chain and tensioner.

Unfortunately, after putting it back together and starting it up, the top-end is still very noisy. Too noisy. The noise is definitely top-end. (I've checked and rechecked the valves.)

All I can think of at this point is noise from one or more worn valve trains. I don't hear any clicking when I rotate the engine by hand, only when it's running. What could be noisy in the valve train? A broken spring?

Back into the engine again...

Seldon

Could be a number of things, valve guides, decompression actuator, cam chain. Did you pull the head? valve seats, valves could be worn and the culprit of excess noise? :thumbsup:

For some reason the Hotcam profiles generate more noise too. I know everybody thats put them in a CRF says the same thing. You may want to ask that question at HotCams.