HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pgiinc

FMF POWERBOMB on a 650R?

13 posts in this topic

any of you guys tried this on a 650R

I just put a FMF Q2 on my 650R and I like it and I am now looking at the powerbomb header

I want o know if it makes a differance

please comment

Ditto - just got a new R and trying to decide on exhaust. I just want to be sure and get something with a spark arrestor as I'll be riding in the National Forest; but still want the best performance I can get.

XR's only pipe...DA BEST its legal usfs inside spark arrestor and screen type and it flows major air

I guess I'll have to go with 2nd best because XR's Only will never see another penny of my business after the way I was treated.

any of you guys tried this on a 650R

I just put a FMF Q2 on my 650R and I like it and I am now looking at the powerbomb header

I want o know if it makes a differance

please comment

I have the Powerbomb Header and the Q2 and use this for pre-running and trail use. The simple answer is it's lighter than stock but no real seat of the pants, noticable power gain. However, it does give you a good balance of power; Good torque and good top end. If you want top end then the Pro Circuit or XR's only is better but you lose some of the low end.

Yes Xrs Only Is Payapal Only And Did No Answer My Emails

I Will Avoid Them At All Cost

Ciao pgiinc, I put the FMF powerbomb header pipe and I tested it on Soft-Engine Dynamometer.

This is the result...........

grafico_potenza_tt.jpg

.........the black curve refer to stock configuration and....

.........the green curve refer to FMF powerbomb pipe header with stock silencer.

From the graphic I removed two curves which refer to other upgrades.......(see its later......)

Is the FMF Q2 more or less restrictive than a stock exhaust with the HRC spark arrestor?

I've got my bike fully HRC uncorked, with a cut out side panel, & stock exhaust. Besides the size of the stock exhaust, I have no complaints about it's power, or it's noise. I'm guessing I'm a bit over the 96 dBl limit, but I'm not willing to give up any power. Besides, in Colorado, I have yet to hear of anyone getting noise tested by a ranger.

Anyways, I was just wondering which you people think is less restrictive? FMF Q2, or Stock/HRC Tip?

well I think the HRC flows pretty good I just took it off and install the Q2 and it flows a lot also but it sounds better and makes less noise and is 2.3 pounds light and looks better