HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MountainMax

Is there any way to straighten a rear subframe?

15 posts in this topic

My Father went snooping out in my shed today and knocked my bike off the stand and i bent up my subframe, it's pushed about 2" (at back of fender) over to the RH side, any ideas on how i can try to straighten it, I almost cried, especially when I found out it costs $499.99 CAD plus tax, OUCH!!!!!!!!!

Do you celebrate Christmas? I think dad owes you a big gift.

Sorry, hope you can get it fixed.

My Father went snooping out in my shed today and knocked my bike off the stand and i bent up my subframe, it's pushed about 2" (at back of fender) over to the RH side, any ideas on how i can try to straighten it, I almost cried, especially when I found out it costs $499.99 CAD plus tax, OUCH!!!!!!!!!

I fubared mine pretty bad once. I left the subframe on the bike and removed the sidepanel. Then using a 1/2 emt conduit bender (you should be able to borrow one from a electricain) started bending it a little bit at a time. It worked out really well.:worthy:

I did find an 03-05subframe from a yz450, would that be the same as my 06 wr??

It may not have the mounts for your coolent reserve

Well I tried it anyhow, (what do i have to loose) I used a peice of 2x4 and a 20 pound hammer, and a pry bar, and i got her pretty good, i put the back tire on and the back fender and seat to see how it all looks, and I think i have it very, very close. I know it will never be perfect, if i find any issues with it next summer I will order a new one from Yamaha. ..............

SubframeSmall.jpg

I could only find YZ ones, and they don't have the tabs for mounting the overflow coolant bottle :bonk:

I could only find YZ ones, and they don't have the tabs for mounting the overflow coolant bottle :bonk:

is that the ONLY difference? for the savings, I'd have my buddy weld something onto if necessary.