Is there any way to straighten a rear subframe?

My Father went snooping out in my shed today and knocked my bike off the stand and i bent up my subframe, it's pushed about 2" (at back of fender) over to the RH side, any ideas on how i can try to straighten it, I almost cried, especially when I found out it costs $499.99 CAD plus tax, OUCH!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that man! good luck!

Do you celebrate Christmas? I think dad owes you a big gift.

Sorry, hope you can get it fixed.

Has anyone ever had a problem with these frames ,, on the 450's

My Father went snooping out in my shed today and knocked my bike off the stand and i bent up my subframe, it's pushed about 2" (at back of fender) over to the RH side, any ideas on how i can try to straighten it, I almost cried, especially when I found out it costs $499.99 CAD plus tax, OUCH!!!!!!!!!

I fubared mine pretty bad once. I left the subframe on the bike and removed the sidepanel. Then using a 1/2 emt conduit bender (you should be able to borrow one from a electricain) started bending it a little bit at a time. It worked out really well.:worthy:

I did find an 03-05subframe from a yz450, would that be the same as my 06 wr??

Make your dad buy you a new subframe. Its the right thing to do

I did find an 03-05subframe from a yz450, would that be the same as my 06 wr??

It may not have the mounts for your coolent reserve

Park Tools makes a subframe straightener...SC

Thats the $64.00 question! (motosport price):worthy:

Well I tried it anyhow, (what do i have to loose) I used a peice of 2x4 and a 20 pound hammer, and a pry bar, and i got her pretty good, i put the back tire on and the back fender and seat to see how it all looks, and I think i have it very, very close. I know it will never be perfect, if i find any issues with it next summer I will order a new one from Yamaha...............

SubframeSmall.jpg

anybody found an aftermarket rear subframe yet?

mines bent- I'll get the prybars out...?!

I could only find YZ ones, and they don't have the tabs for mounting the overflow coolant bottle :bonk:

I could only find YZ ones, and they don't have the tabs for mounting the overflow coolant bottle :bonk:

is that the ONLY difference? for the savings, I'd have my buddy weld something onto if necessary.