HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joeinalpine

07 YZ450F shifting problems

6 posts in this topic

The shifter is not butter smooth like I had hoped. It is clumsy going from 1st to 2nd. Will it eventually get smoother or is this how the 450's shift??

Can I move the shifter down a few clicks to get more leverage with my boot or am I asking for trouble doing this?:worthy::D

I moved my shifter down, but thats cause I had Thor 50/50 boots on, with regular mx boots I regreted it and will move it back.

Mine shifted kinda rough too, so I changed the oil right away after only about a 1/2 hour break in ride. Glad I did, it looked like a crappy milk shake in there, can't believe that came out of a new bike. :worthy:

Notchy shifting going over neutral is a YZF tradition. They get a little better with age, generally. Moving the shifter is what a lot of guys do. The risk is in getting it so low that you kick it out of gear unintentionally. Try it and see what you like. Sometimes it just comes down to retraining yourself a little, too.

Glad I did, it looked like a crappy milk shake in there, can't believe that came out of a new bike. :worthy:

milk shake that's kinda scary !!!

mine was black after 2 hr break in ride.

i had to move my shifter down. little rough shifting but no different than my 01 WR. but i hope it will get better with age.

neutral is a little notchy but mine shifts fine other than that, my 2 cents. I'm thinking about a 10mm shorter shift lever (less leverage but better position on my foot, which is attached to about 200lbs of force:thumbsup: )

Cappy 79