Handguards or Levers??

Your tape isn't needed with the top of the line C5 perch with hot start. It has a plastic sleeve built into the clamp to let it slip under impact.

One of my major reasons to get ASV's was so I would be able to adjust how close the lever is to the bar. That itself, is worth the price of ASV's.

One of my major reasons to get ASV's was so I would be able to adjust how close the lever is to the bar. That itself, is worth the price of ASV's.

I agree the adjustability is great.

Cappy79

I dont have either, but I am getting some ASV levers with some brush guards for my hands. Id go with what Im doing, just because, if its simple plastic brush guards, it protects your hand, and your levers are fine too. Ive never ridden in the woods though.

Both for me. I have ASV's and handguards. Love em both. I ride all offroad, no track, and I like to wreck alot .:worthy:

Teflon tape under the perch will keep you from breaking levers. When you hit the ground hard the whole thing will spin and you can knock it back in to place when you get up.

I use Acerbis rally pro guards and they work well at keeping your bike from stalling when I lay it down or crash. Plus trees dont scare me as much in the woods, roost doesnt "ping" your knucles and sometimes mud gets everywhere except on my grips which is what I need them to do as well. Sound investment for your hands as well as your bike!