Xr650r Vs. Crf450x

I no this is a huge contraversy between these two bikes, but im trying to decide which one to get....

im not sure if i should give up reliability and go with the CRFX for the pure fun and power....or go with the never dieing 650R

ill be useing the bike for under 500 miles a month...just messing around on back roads and stuff....im thinking of doing a SM set-up to...

whats the power diffornce in these two bikes?....im looking for the best handleing and most powerfull bike....but dont wanta have to constantly work on it...

thoughts and opionions?

thanx,

Yeah this topic is pretty crazy prepare to get all sorts of views...! I myself have been thinking of retiring the 600xr for the 450X, but am still undecided!!!

get both, or the WR450, and the XR650R, but I'm biased. the WR is lightning quick compared to the XR, and can be riden on reaction much more easily, but its more maintance. The XR works out your brain, and your body, but is very rewarding.

They both serve a purpose, one for play/beating, the other one to get to far away places and back, no matter the trail.

to bad i dont have that kinda money....like i siad ill be doing bough 500 miles a month on it....idk if a CRF can handle that kinda use...

im also worried about CRF450 oil capacity?...anyone no the capacity for both bikes to compare?

get both, or the WR450, and the XR650R, but I'm biased. the WR is lightning quick compared to the XR, and can be riden on reaction much more easily, but its more maintance. The XR works out your brain, and your body, but is very rewarding.

They both serve a purpose, one for play/beating, the other one to get to far away places and back, no matter the trail.

wow.. wish i could get both...

I have

06 cfr450x

01 xr650r

07 650l

If I had to keep one it would be the cfr450X

you can always buy the next great honda when it comes out, but right know the cfr450x is a lot of light weight fast fun

take off 27 pounds and add a e start and I will keep the 650R but thats not happening

I was up in Temecula a month ago at Precision Concepts and spoke to Bob Bell about the 450X. They are getting more power out of the 450 and as much speed. Notice they are not racing them in Baja any longer... He also mentioned that they used to tear the entire 650R apart and check it out. They are not doing this for the 450X. The make some mods to it then race the bike. He said is loads less work.

I was up in Temecula a month ago at Precision Concepts and spoke to Bob Bell about the 450X. They are getting more power out of the 450 and as much speed. Notice they are not racing them in Baja any longer... He also mentioned that they used to tear the entire 650R apart and check it out. They are not doing this for the 450X. The make some mods to it then race the bike. He said is loads less work.

they are not racing what in Baja?

don't wanta constantly work on it? SM, backroads, fast? 500 miles a month? the answer to your question is obviously the 650R. but you knew that, didn't you? If people try to tell you about power, talk to them about torque. I've pulled 450x's on long steep hills, basicly left them standing still. :worthy:

500 miles a month is nothing for either bike. I put that on both my bikes most months. Damn tires get expensive, but asside from that, they are different. The XR is fast, but the WR feels much faster, even if it really isn't

I've rode both..I have the XR650R..I'll keep my XR....:worthy:

:D:prof:

such a hard choice....both these bikes seem amazing buys....

anyone use either for road use?....what about oil capcacity?

I like both of them. I've ridden both and enjoyed them both. My favorite bike that I personally own is my trusty 96 XR600R. I've never ever had a problem with it what so ever. If I were to get a new bike I'd definatlly get a XR650R. You just cant go wrong. CRF is sweet on the power,but when you get into some hairy stuff you'll want that little extra weight to help you through. I think the CRF is to light. Just my opinion.

Xr 1 3/4 Qts, Crf 3/4 Qt.......

pretty simple people always put down what they don't have

Are you a sloppy rider or a finesse rider? If you are sloppy the 650 is way more forgiving and is more fun. If you are tactical or agressive rider, the 450 is the ticket. Having owned both, if I were in the market and was going to put put or fire road it, or woods ride, I would get the 650. If you are going to be jumping it and ride MX style, the 450 is the bike.

Dont discount the 650R's ability in the woods and tight technical stuff. I still am faster on the 650 than on the 450. If you were wondering my riding style, I was mixing it up with intermedate riders at Hangtown this weekend on the 450.

Tough choice. Good luck to you.

Hey.....that's my picture in your avatar.....you stalking me?

I no it all depends on the rider but im looking for the bike with the best power for the road....

Oviosly the 450X owns the 650 down-low...but what about top end-power....

my friend says he runs outa top-end with his in fields and stuff....will the 450 still have snap at 60MPH?

Oviosly the 450X owns the 650 down-low...but what about top end-power....

You got that backwards.

Think of the 650R as the Z28 of dirtbikes. Tire frying torque, high top speed. Not very nimble.

Think of the 450X as the Evo VII of dirtbikes. Lots of revs, not a whole lot of torque.

"O"

"You got that backwards. "

"Think of the 650R as the Z28 of dirtbikes. Tire frying torque, high top speed. Not very nimble."

"Think of the 450X as the Evo VII of dirtbikes. Lots of revs, not a whole lot of torque"

?im really confused now?

after riding a CRF450 I was amazed at how easily the front tire would pick up with just a twist of the throttel....im amazed that they get more torque outa the 650 than the 450....

they don't have more torque, just a snappier engine, with an accelerator pump on top of that to give it a huge jump on a snap. the WR is the same way, but the difference is upa steep rocky hill, the XR just lugs up it, the WR needs to downshift, or speed up, can't maintain low revs up the hill.