XR650r fan

I live in FL and run an xr650r 2000 uncorked , with hight pressure rad cap ,no thermostat ,my bike over heat while riding deep sand or slow trail (245+F /water --- 210+oil) I am thinking to put a radiator fan , if any of you did it ,please give me some feedback about it.

Thanks

Hendi

www.HendiKaf.com

The cooling system needs a thermostat to work , it runs hotter with no thermostat. Get a thermostat for 1990 suzuki swift , it is a 195 degree stat .

Hendi,

I posted a doc file about adding a fan at Yahoo!. If you only ride the warm areas in FL, I'd not worry about not having the 'stat, as was before brought up. Not running one will not increase temps, if you do a search in the Yahoo groups posts you'll find some pretty heavy stuff written on the topic by a GM cooling system engineer.

Only big issue with not running a stat is the bike taking longer to reach proper operating temp, or not reaching it at all under certain conditions, such as trying to ride up here in Maine right now. You could risk excessive wear to the piston and cylinder due to the piston expanding but the cylinder staying too cool to match. Much like a cold seizure on a 2-smoke.

E

I live in FL and run an xr650r 2000 uncorked , with hight pressure rad cap ,no thermostat ,my bike over heat while riding deep sand or slow trail (245+F /water --- 210+oil) I am thinking to put a radiator fan , if any of you did it ,please give me some feedback about it.

Thanks

Hendi

www.HendiKaf.com

Go here there is a good document with pics for fan fitting:

http://www.4strokes.com/tech/honda/brpfan.pdf

Thanks for your help guys.

Hendi:ride: