oil level ?

Well I got the cams and rocker arms installed, this was due to the fact of running low on oil for some time. After install I was filling it up with oil, this is where the question comes from. I put 1.6 quarts in but I have a XRSOnly temp dip stick and can't read the oil on it! How far down is the high oil mark from the top of a factory dipstick? Second, is anyone using the oil sight tube that mounts into the frame? To use this you have to drill two holes into the frame, how do you keep the metal shavings from falling into the frame? Thanks!

I got on of those also. Just take the stock one and the XRSonly one, put the tops together side by side and mark where the levels are. I easly did this by gently scratching a high and low mark on the XRSonly temp dip stick. Hope this helps.

I would but I got the bike used and it only had the XRSOnly dipstick! I have a XR650R, forgot to mention.

The capacity of the 650R is just a hair under 2 quarts w/ an oil filter change, I have the sight tube, you cannot effectively read that tube unless the motor is running..........

Yeah I know how much it holds, but I can't see it on my XRSOnly dipstick!!!!! Anyone know the distance from the high level mark to the top of the dipstick on a oem dipstick so I can measure mine an mark it?

From the lip (sealing surface to frame) down to the 'high level' hole of the OEM dipstick is 2.25 inches.

03 650R

Jay

Thank you Jayrider! Now I can mark it an make sure its where it should be when it is warmed up.

yeah I saw the sight tube thing but it scares me to drill into the frame, where do the metal shavings go? Into the frame which holds the oil right?

yeah I saw the sight tube thing but it scares me to drill into the frame, where do the metal shavings go? Into the frame which holds the oil right?

into the flutes of the greased up tap

Yeah, but can't some fall into the frame? Have you done this mode?

Yeah, but can't some fall into the frame? Have you done this mode?

Ive done it on several bikes. Do it with an oil change and you can clean the screens and alleviate any worries.