HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xr400rider1

xr650l shock problem??

6 posts in this topic

i have a problem with the shock on my 02 xr650l w/ just under 10,000 miles. when i bought it i never noticed this but i did not ride it much, broke my arm the day after i got it, before i installed kouba lowering link. after that it would not rebound after you compressed the suspension. i removed the shock and noticed that i apeered not have any nitrogen in it and that it would not hold any. i was going to take it apart and check it out last night but i decided to see if it would hold any air and it did. so i took it and had it charged with the recommended psi and put it back on. now it is still doing the same thing. hope that this makes sence. any suggestions? thanks.:worthy:

seth:worthy:

Sounds like the link is not installed right. Try going to the stock setup, and see what happens. The shock should rebound with the spring tension, whether you have the correct nitrogen pressure in it, or not.

If it don't work out I have an extra shock off an 96 that I will sell you real cheap. pm me

If you have ruled out the linkage binding and are certain it is the shock itself, it sounds like a bent shock shaft. Other parts could be binding up on the shaft internally, but I do not see why if you have not taken it apart.

BP

try spitting on it and it should slide right in......I mean compress and rebound smoothly :worthy: