HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gawarrior

which slip on for 06 yz450?

9 posts in this topic

Reason I say slip on is because the stock ti header seems to be pretty good and I can't see a full system being that much different than just a slip on...but please correct me if I am wrong.

So, which slip on it making the most power improvements?

Thanks, and this is for a yz450 supermoto bike.

If it's for a supermoto bike I would go with the Graves system. They are a Yamaha team in Roadracing and SM, so I'm sure Chuck Graves did his home work when it comes to making the exhausts perform.

Probably the Carbon Pro 2 from White Brothers

I was thinking about it but they don't make teh Carbon Pro in a slip on.

If it's for a supermoto bike I would go with the Graves system. They are a Yamaha team in Roadracing and SM, so I'm sure Chuck Graves did his home work when it comes to making the exhausts perform.

Yeah, that is actually the system I would chose since it if for supermoto but I was thinking slip on for now and Graves only offers a full system.

Dave at MRD is custom making me a slip on that will tuck in nice and tight. I can't stand the big long muffler on my 06 so I talked to Dave and he's making a new jig to get the same length muffler to sit in nice and tight. Hopefully he'll have it done soon and have the new setup available in a week or two.

Dave at MRD is custom making me a slip on that will tuck in nice and tight. I can't stand the big long muffler on my 06 so I talked to Dave and he's making a new jig to get the same length muffler to sit in nice and tight. Hopefully he'll have it done soon and have the new setup available in a week or two.

Where is MRD?

I too was looking for a muffler that does not stick out soooooo loooong