HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
medicman

426 maitnece

9 posts in this topic

with a good manuel can all of the motor maintence be done by a semi novice mechanic? where did you guys learn to do valves and top end jobs?

are those videos any good? i think ive seen them on here before, they go through step by step?

The short answer to your question is 'yes'. Also, doing all of your own work is a satisfying thing and makes you enjoy your rides even more.

Some things are trickier than others but if you follow the manual closely you should be okay. Having good tools for the job is a must. Take your time, follow the manual carefully and you will be fine.

Also, get familiar with the 'search' feature here on TT...most likely any question that you have has already been asked in this forum. If not, post up and somebody will be able to help you.

Happy wrenching! :worthy:

thanks for the info, i would much rather do it myself than pay some one!:worthy:
That's a big part of the reason I do most everything myself!

Youll like doing all your own work. Get a Clymer 's manual though, it helps big time. Itll even walk you through a complete engine rebuild..

Everyone is different. I much prefer the factory manual to anything I've seen from Clymer 's.

AGREED! Clymer or any other manual is very weak compared to a factory manual....especially if you can get the parts manual list shhet along with it!