426 maitnece

with a good manuel can all of the motor maintence be done by a semi novice mechanic? where did you guys learn to do valves and top end jobs?

are those videos any good? i think ive seen them on here before, they go through step by step?

The short answer to your question is 'yes'. Also, doing all of your own work is a satisfying thing and makes you enjoy your rides even more.

Some things are trickier than others but if you follow the manual closely you should be okay. Having good tools for the job is a must. Take your time, follow the manual carefully and you will be fine.

Also, get familiar with the 'search' feature here on TT...most likely any question that you have has already been asked in this forum. If not, post up and somebody will be able to help you.

Happy wrenching! :worthy:

thanks for the info, i would much rather do it myself than pay some one!:worthy:

thanks for the info, i would much rather do it myself than pay some one!:worthy:
That's a big part of the reason I do most everything myself!

It is a good feeling to be able to do your own work. I enjoy it.

Youll like doing all your own work. Get a Clymer's manual though, it helps big time. Itll even walk you through a complete engine rebuild..

Everyone is different. I much prefer the factory manual to anything I've seen from Clymer's.

Everyone is different. I much prefer the factory manual to anything I've seen from Clymer's.

AGREED! Clymer or any other manual is very weak compared to a factory manual....especially if you can get the parts manual list shhet along with it!