07 YZ450 Works Connection Radiator Braces

I know the 07 already has a radiator brace or should i say a radiator reinforcement on it but i just got the works connection braces last night and they look really nice. They enclose the sides of radiator(both left and right of each one) more like a box and they seem like they are going to work really well. Directions call to drain the radiator and remove them and then cut off or a better word reduce part of the shrouds to re-assemble.

Has anyone put this on their 07 yet?

Gonna put them on this weekend and will post some pics when i am done if anyone is interested?

Yes, I have them on an 06 and 07 YZ450F. I pushed the 07 radiators back slightly before I got the new WC braces on. You could say the Yamaha brace did very little to keep the radiators from bending when you fall. I'm sure they were better than nothing, but I feel a lot safer with the WC braces on the bike now.

I have them on my '06 YZF 450 and my rads still look like new, they work is all I can say. I used a dremel tool to trim the ridge on the inside of the shroud that sits on the outside edge of the radiator so the shroud fits better and also had to modify the louvers (sp?) to fit over the rods. Also, I did not use the spacers that were included in the kit, allows the shroud to be closer to the louvers.

The Works Connection radiator brace could be called either, because it's both. Each side consists of an inner and an outer aluminum plate, supported by a set of aluminum tubes that bolt between the plates. The inner plate bolts in behind the radiator, and the tubes are on the front and rear, holding the outer plate in place along the radiator frame. This forms a box, or cage, if you like, around the radiator, and the stiffness of the box itself against being bent back becomes a de facto brace. The '06 frame doesn't offer a good place to bolt a brace such as was used by WC on the older models, and those braces provided no crush protection to speak of. The new ones clearly do.

Check it out.

ill post pics tomorrow...just finished the intallation for the most part. Took me about two hours but i am incredibly anal and went slow so that i wouldnt make any mistakes. Now that i know how to do it, i could do the entire project in 45 minutes no problem

well, i completed the installation. overall i am very happy. as usual, i hate the "modifying" that is involved with aftermarket parts because im not the best custom fab guy. Cutting the louvers wasnt too bad but i took a lil too much off (about 1/4 inch) Other than that, all good.

im about to install mine tonight. Do i really need to drain the rad fluid and all that? Seems like a bit of a PITA but then again, so is screwing up my rads.

I did not drain mine and had not trouble at all, they didint hardly move when they were unbolted.

I looked at them all on other 06-07 YZ450's and the unabikers were superior by far and required no dremmeling or anything. They are cages/braces/guards all in one and my bike doesnt run any hotter either. $110 here in thr T.T. store. Check them out yourself and see!!! JR

AZcrrider... I have the Devol braces as well - are you having any problems getting your boot caught on the shroud?

I had to send mine back b/c the bracket that connects the shroud to the brace bent... and then the screws kept being ripped out b/c my boot would catch in a turn and then I'd pull my leg back and it would rip them right out... Other than that I like em b/c I don't want to buy a new rad when i bite it...