HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DanielRayJ

Clarke Tank 1387 4.0 Gal. Tank

5 posts in this topic

I have a 2007 XR650L and have recently purchased a CLARKE 1387 4.0 Gal. Tank and have yet to install it on my bike.

This may seem like a crazy question (and I have already searched the Forums for some information) but how does the fuel get from one side of the tank to the other? It seems like the sides go so far down that this fuel tranfer can not happen. I am really confused please help me :worthy:

Thanks,

Big Red

I have a 2007 XR650L and have recently purchased a CLARKE 1387 4.0 Gal. Tank and have yet to install it on my bike.

This may seem like a crazy question (and I have already searched the Forums for some information) but how does the fuel get from one side of the tank to the other? It seems like the sides go so far down that this fuel tranfer can not happen. I am really confused please help me :worthy:

Thanks,

Big Red

The only way it gets over when it gets low is if you slosh it over. Unless you put a petcock over on the other side,but every one just sloshes it over when it gets low,really isn't much of a problem with the stock carb,but with the mikuni I have it can be a slight problem.

If your riding in the dirt you probably won't even notice, the fuel is sloshing around all the time. On the road it will be a different matter. I used to have an ATK605ds and I would have to lean the bike over to tranfser fuel only while riding on the pavement.

yep it won if you ride on the street or smooth road, but offf road it will move around, but you will have a half gallon left on the right side you will have to lean the bike over to us it all, stock tank is the same way just not as much, you will have to lean it over to us all the gas to