HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
123BigcoopDawg576

Anyone Running This Pipe

16 posts in this topic

I love WR450's with this pipe! It gives great boost power everywhere, bottom to top! Power is kinda linear, like it mimic's the stock power curve (from what I can remember!). Good top end rush, it doesn't let up.

Very fun to ride with this muffler indeed.

They are very good quality too.

Cons is that it is loud (~100+db loud) and you guy's don't like loud. You can get a silent insert, but I wouldn't bother with it, as what is the point of buying such a great muffler only to choke it down again?

pros cons of it, its the cheapest one of the three

I have the carbon-fiber model on the YZ250F. It works pretty well if a bit loud, but if I hadn't gotten it for free I wouldn't have spent the money on the CF version. I managed to crack it almost in half in a routine crash.

great pipe - i have a similar one on my '05 and it's a noticable improvement over stock - it is also ~98db (which suits me) but this may be a consideration for you ?

when you say it's the 'cheapest option' << comparred to what ?

great pipe - i have a similar one on my '05 and it's a noticable improvement over stock - it is also ~98db (which suits me) but this may be a consideration for you ?

to the other gytr pipes, the titanium and carbon ones.

the only other pipe i would consider would be the dr d pipe

I had a carbon one on my 04 WR. It was awesome. Great power all the way through. I had it sound tested at 98db at 5500 rpm with the quiet cap, 100.3 (I think) with the regular cap.

As 123BigcoopDawg576 says.... they don't get the GYT-R propower one like on your bike and my missus' bike!

I have the exact same fitted on mine, a noticable difference in mid to top end, & yes a bit noisy but I like noisy.

Does this muffler work with the stock head pipe? Also would the gytr head pipe work with other slip ons or is it larger than the stock head pipe.:worthy:

I hate to burst a bubble but a lot of the gytr stuff for the steal framed WR's is discontinued. I think they are still showing the alluminum gytr muffler but thats it. I tried to get the gytr frame guards for my 05 and no longer available.

Does this muffler work with the stock head pipe? Also would the gytr head pipe work with other slip ons or is it larger than the stock head pipe.:worthy:

The GYT-R oval muffler works with the stock head pipe. The OEM WR headpipe is the same as the YZF

the GYT-R head pipe "should" work with other slip-on's as it works with the GYT-R oval slip-on.

I hate to burst a bubble but a lot of the gytr stuff for the steal framed WR's is discontinued. I think they are still showing the alluminum gytr muffler but thats it. I tried to get the gytr frame guards for my 05 and no longer available.

This is one thing I do not get with the Japanese manufacturer's. Why don't they develop a better line of aftermarket parts? A buddy of mine recently bought a KTM and the KTM Hard Parts catalog is amazing. Once they get those bikes bullet proof I'll seriously consider buying orange.

This is one thing I do not get with the Japanese manufacturer's. Why don't they develop a better line of aftermarket parts?

You guy's don't get 1/2 the stuff GYT-R make for Yamaha 's, plus they have all the YRD stuff. All better than KTM "hard parts" which are just supplied from other manufacturers anyway.

You guy's don't get 1/2 the stuff GYT-R make for Yamaha 's, plus they have all the YRD stuff. All better than KTM "hard parts" which are just supplied from other manufacturers anyway.

A move to Australia looks to be in order if I ever want decent GYT-R parts selection. Look for me at the airport....G'day mate!!

PS. Have you ever heard of "spit the winkle"?