Factory dent in silencer?

I bought an '07 YZ450F today, and when giving it a final inspection at the dealership noticed a small dent on the underside of the silencer. When I told the dealer I wanted it replaced, he told me that is a factory manufactured dent and it is designed for clearance of the brake caliper when the suspension is fully compressed. I was not sure whether to believe him or not.

Does anyone else with an '07 have this same dent?

That's all right, after one ride I took off my radiator shroud to clean the grass out of the louvers only to find one of the radiators was smashed in shipping and you couldn't see it until you took the shroud off.

Needless to say I was talking to mr. dealer the very next day, claims he had no clue. Not so sure I believe that but they said they would take care of it and that's enough for me. :worthy:

Had it been another week, or even a couple days it would have been my problem. Good thing I didn't park it till spring. :bonk::D:prof:

:worthy:

Thanks everyone. I will be taking my new (and "undented") YZF out for its maiden voyage on Saturday... my first four stroke too after 25 years of smokers....

Your in for a big treat!

Where do you ride in MA? My parents recently moved to Tolland (16 miles west of Southwick :D )

I ride mostly down or near the Cape...Sandwich, Wareham, but also behind UPS in Brockton, and also the tracks in Templeton and Rocky Hill, CT when I can afford the fees and the long drive! Also do the occasional Middleboro practice. I used to ride right in my hometown until last year but sadly they are bulldozing the track to make a skating rink... :worthy: