Bike "Storage", To stand, or not to stand?

I keep my WR in my garage up on a lift stand:

p-12_blk.jpg

I have always done this, as I figured it would keep the weight of the bike off the springs & tires.

A problem that I have noticed is that my forks seem to leak worse when the bike is kept on the lift stand vs. on it's wheels & sidestand. I know that my fork seals are due to be changed (I've got the new ones, just never installed them), & don't know if this is the major reason for the leakage, or if it is because the weight of the front wheel & fork lowers pulling down miight distort the seals & cause them to leak. I've also noticed that they seem to leak the most when the temperature changes.

Anyone have any opinions / experience / input?

If your forks leak due to "hanging" on the bike jack, then I believe that they will leak due to the reverse pressure of "weight on them" due to holding up the bike. If your forks are that loose then you need some serious fork service. If this is just a general question then I recommend cleaning beneath the seals and mud guards and letting it sit on the jack for winter. WR Dave

If your forks leak due to "hanging" on the bike jack, then I believe that they will leak due to the reverse pressure of "weight on them" due to holding up the bike. If your forks are that loose then you need some serious fork service. If this is just a general question then I recommend cleaning beneath the seals and mud guards and letting it sit on the jack for winter. WR Dave

I don't thing the forks are "loose", I've tried pulling on the fork bottoms at the wheel & there is no percieveable movement, so I don't think that my bushings are knackered or anything, besides the bike has way too few miles of the wrong type of riding & terrain to be that messed up. The bike was "rode hard & put away wet" so to speak, so it wouldn't suprise me if there was plenty of crud in the seals, I didn't bother with it after the last ride since I've been planning on replacing the springs & seals before riding again.

Thanks for the input.:worthy: