Madien voyage on XR650R "LOVE MACHINE"

Well my return to the woods riding has begun with some interesting events.

It all started on Sunday morning. I got up to see the start of a beautiful day. I was going to work on the kitchen but the drive to ride took over . I usually go to deer camp Sunday to party then hunt Monday and Tueaday. This year I was not interested in hunting so what is a hunter / biker to do. Load up the new bike, head to the woods for a day of miles and miles of woods riding . I drove all the way to Bedford to cousins deer camp. (at top of mountain where Somerset and Bedford county meet) Unloaded the bike, geared up and head out for a Sunny afternoon ride. I was pumped. Nice weather, new bike (to me at least) and miles upon miles of fire roads and single track riding. I was into 0.9 miles of my Maiden voyage when I came upon a 4 inch log crossing my path. I blipped the throttle to get over it when the motor just reved freely with no forward motion. First reaction was to pop it back in gear cuz I thought I hit the log and knocked it into neutral. Still motor revved and no forward motion . I then looked down to see........ NO CHAIN....... I bought this thing a month ago, haven't had it in the woods yet, hauled it over 2 hours, have an area of miles of woods to explore and have all the gear on only to make it 5 minutes from camp and break a chain. And NO, I did not have a spare master link to get me going again. I ended up pushing my new LOVE TOY for 20 minutes through the woods. When I got back I just loaded it back in the truck in disbelief and head for the keg That night I left to a buddies farm near Ebensburgh to hunt with him after all with my injured love, riding in the back. When I got to his place I cracked another beer to tell the tell of my misfortune.

THANK GOD FOR GOOD FRIENDS WITH BIKES. 5 minutes later he went digging around his garage and pulled out a old chain from who knows what and we robbed the master link off it. BACK IN BUSINESS.

Monday morning we headed into the woods at 6am to bag some deer and put meat on the table. Well at 1pm, still NO DEAR, heck I didn't even see one. So off to ride the bike. Kept my orange hunting vest on, darned my helmet and gloves and rode for the afternoon. Put 27.5 miles of single track riding, pissing all the other hunters off and HAD A BLAST .

I have returned to my first biking love........... WOODS RIDING. My older (late) brother got me interested in woods / dirt riding back when I was about 6 and it felt great to be back. It made me remember him. I still like sport / street riding but it felt GREAT to be back into the woods. I now have much more motivation to get a plate on it to go out and dome some dual sporting.

Sorry for the long post but I am still pumped.

PIP

Well my return to the woods riding has begun with some interesting events.

It all started on Sunday morning. I got up to see the start of a beautiful day. I was going to work on the kitchen but the drive to ride took over . I usually go to deer camp Sunday to party then hunt Monday and Tueaday. This year I was not interested in hunting so what is a hunter / biker to do. Load up the new bike, head to the woods for a day of miles and miles of woods riding . I drove all the way to Bedford to cousins deer camp. (at top of mountain where Somerset and Bedford county meet) Unloaded the bike, geared up and head out for a Sunny afternoon ride. I was pumped. Nice weather, new bike (to me at least) and miles upon miles of fire roads and single track riding. I was into 0.9 miles of my Maiden voyage when I came upon a 4 inch log crossing my path. I blipped the throttle to get over it when the motor just reved freely with no forward motion. First reaction was to pop it back in gear cuz I thought I hit the log and knocked it into neutral. Still motor revved and no forward motion . I then looked down to see........ NO CHAIN....... I bought this thing a month ago, haven't had it in the woods yet, hauled it over 2 hours, have an area of miles of woods to explore and have all the gear on only to make it 5 minutes from camp and break a chain. And NO, I did not have a spare master link to get me going again. I ended up pushing my new LOVE TOY for 20 minutes through the woods. When I got back I just loaded it back in the truck in disbelief and head for the keg That night I left to a buddies farm near Ebensburgh to hunt with him after all with my injured love, riding in the back. When I got to his place I cracked another beer to tell the tell of my misfortune.

THANK GOD FOR GOOD FRIENDS WITH BIKES. 5 minutes later he went digging around his garage and pulled out a old chain from who knows what and we robbed the master link off it. BACK IN BUSINESS.

Monday morning we headed into the woods at 6am to bag some deer and put meat on the table. Well at 1pm, still NO DEAR, heck I didn't even see one. So off to ride the bike. Kept my orange hunting vest on, darned my helmet and gloves and rode for the afternoon. Put 27.5 miles of single track riding, pissing all the other hunters off and HAD A BLAST .

I have returned to my first biking love........... WOODS RIDING. My older (late) brother got me interested in woods / dirt riding back when I was about 6 and it felt great to be back. It made me remember him. I still like sport / street riding but it felt GREAT to be back into the woods. I now have much more motivation to get a plate on it to go out and dome some dual sporting.

Sorry for the long post but I am still pumped.

PIP

Welcome to the beauty of having a plated XR650R. The first piggy I bought wasn't plated and many times I had to cross my fingers and pray that a cop wouldn't catch me when I had to hit the road for short intervals. Now that I bought a 2000 that was plated (still had original tires on it) I am in love. I even joke with my wife that she better start putting out more because my 2nd wife (The BRP) has been putting out a lot recently. lol.

Change oil, Change air/oil filter, and buy a bunch of spare rear tires because you are going to go through them quick. Have fun and be safe! The piggy has a propensity to bite you in the azz if you don't respect it...:worthy: