Did anybody hate their xrr when new?

To answer you question, I liked my bike right out of the box...now I did the whole uncork route, including a full T-4 system before I even rode it around the block.

I finally got around to getting the suspension done(ESP) including new springs frt & rear and what a difference!

I had to re-learn how to ride it for awhile...

This was the right bike for me, no doubts...

I own both bikes; the 650R and the CR250R. A world of difference. I made the 650R street legal and I love it on the streets and open dirt trails/roads. The 250R is great for winding out and doing the wheelies, but nothing can match the adrenaline rush of holding a 650R wide open!

My first bike was a klr650, and my 2nd/current bike is a xr650r...I'v only known fat chicks. I think of the xrr as the butch softball player that will kick your f*cking ass if you get out line with her!

its a monster with RAW power and i love it...always have, always will....eventhough she broke my collar bone 5 days ago :worthy:

My first bike was a klr650, and my 2nd/current bike is a xr650r...I'v only known fat chicks. I think of the xrr as the butch softball player that will kick your f*cking ass if you get out line with her!

its a monster with RAW power and i love it...always have, always will....eventhough she broke my collar bone 5 days ago :worthy:

Thats just funny right there.

Maroast makes a good point. The bike can and will eat your lunch if you get to comfortable or complacent. That is a lot of weight to get going fast offroad and at times isn't near as forgiving as a smaller bike.