06 YZ450 Which bars for a tall guy??

I going to upgrade my 03 450 to a left over or slightly used 06 YZ450. The only knock I've heard is the cramped riding position if you're tall. Does changing out the bars help this?? If so, which bend?? Also I suppose I could buy Loboy pegs also. Thanks for any advise.

I'm 6'4", 185. A C rider, mostly race at Southwick.

Go to "http://www.protaper.com/contourbars.html" and click "load chart" to see the Pro Taper bends.

Go here to see the Tag bends.

Note a couple things:

>The Tag YZ double high and the CR double high are the same height, but the CR bars have more pull back.

> My experience with Tag bars has been excellent, but they seem to be measured differently than Pro tapers. Notice that the YZ High bend from PT is listed at 84mm high, while Tag lists lists their YZ bend at 92. Side by side, they look like the same bend exactly.

My son is another happy user of the Pro Taper Windham (RM Mid) bend, and he's 6' nearly 3". If you really want some tall ones, the Pastrana bend from PT is the tallest MX bar I know of.

I run Pro Taper Contours in the KX High bend. I am 6' 4" tall and these have been the tallest I have found. The problem with the Pastrana bend is they are Free Style Bars and are really narrow, that doesn`t work good for a tall guy. At least not for me.
The PT KX High is an inch wider than the Pastrana bend, 30.5 vs. 31.5. Could be quite noticeable, though.
pastrana isnt the highest...909 makes deegan bend which i think is the highest...you can probly buy atv bends that are higher too
The trouble with ATV bars is that they are quite wide at the clamps, and they tend to have a lot of pull back. They do make them very tall, though.

I just installed some Fastway F3 pegs and in the 'lowboy' position they drop the pegs about 1/2" and push them back another 1/2". It doesn't sound like much, but it really did open up the cockpit.

I just tried to install a set of these tonight - in the lowboy position. Wouldn't fit because the peg stop hit the bolt head that holds the peg bracket onto the frame. Keeping the pegs half-way folded up. (they would've worked in the regular-high position fine).

What did you do? I would like to get the benefit of these!:worthy:

I just tried to install a set of these tonight - in the lowboy position. Wouldn't fit because the peg stop hit the bolt head that holds the peg bracket onto the frame. Keeping the pegs half-way folded up. (they would've worked in the regular-high position fine).

What did you do? I would like to get the benefit of these!:worthy:

Fastway sells a special bracket for the YZF's. You cant, or at least that is what they told me, install the pegs in the low boy position with out it. I wish they would have mentioned that when I bought them. I ordered the brackets but have not received them. I will let you know when I do. I went through the same thing and was really frustrated because I loved the pegs on my RMZ.