Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motopastor

master link

6 posts in this topic

I just installed an o ring chain on my 07 & noticed that when rotating the tire on the stand the master link hits the chain gaurd a little. I don't remember this happening on my 04? Suggestions? Thanks!

Is it the clip on the masterlink that faces out that is hitting the guard or the front foreward side? If it's the clip just put it on the inside otherwise, make sure that the guard is secured properly to the mount. I know my chain/case guard (2 piece) by the front sprocket has to be held a certain way for it to seat correctly. And of corse make sure your chain alighment is right.

"Runt" are you talking about the plastic cover? I remove the plastic part and leave the case saver in place also replaced the stock chain and sprockets with renthal parts.

Cappy79

Thanks tnl. I'll try turning the master link clip to the back. At least 1 rider from AZ is nice.

Cappy, we'll settle the "runt" thing at the AZOTMX International...welcome back to Blue!

Thanks tnl. I'll try turning the master link clip to the back. At least 1 rider from AZ is nice.

Cappy, we'll settle the "runt" thing at the AZOTMX International...welcome back to Blue!

Good to be back but actually its "white" but with blue blood.

Cappy79