Muffler

What is the differance between the 2005 WR 450 muffler and the 2006 WR 450 muffler? Thanx

Jim

The sub frame on a 06 is 10mm diffrent from a 05.

When I bought mine 11/1/06 and I swear I had one of the first 06 WR I bought a 05 slip on thinking it was the same-NO.

I am also a Woodworker- Norm type stuff- and I ended up taking a aluminum meter stick and making it into a bracket(no small sacrifice-I do all my woodworking in metric). I then went to the Auto parts store and got two Rubber Gorments. I figured it would last a little while, one year and looks the same as the day I did it:thumbsup:

When I bought mine 11/1/06 and I swear I had one of the first 06 WR I bought a 05 slip on thinking it was the same-NO.

I am also a Woodworker- Norm type stuff- and I ended up taking a aluminum meter stick and making it into a bracket(no small sacrifice-I do all my woodworking in metric). I then went to the Auto parts store and got two Rubber Gorments. I figured it would last a little while, one year and looks the same as the day I did it:thumbsup:

Thats wierd! How come alot of the aftermarket companies list pipes for the WR as 03-06? :worthy:

Sorry mate, they are exactly the same.

Part number 5TJ-21190-80-00.

You are installing the slip-on incorrectly, my guess is that you are either pushing it on the header too far, or not enough.

Yea, your not doing something right. I pulled the FMF system off my '04 YZF and it fit perfectly.