HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motivater

uncorking......details for a newbie!

3 posts in this topic

I have a question about uncorking.........I have seen many write ups about it but does anyone have specific details already written out on what it includes......in what order it should be done...........and details as far as the does and donts. A buddy of mine has a brand new XR650L and wants to do everything!! He does not have a computer but I would love to relay this information to him.

I have a question about uncorking.........I have seen many write ups about it but does anyone have specific details already written out on what it includes......in what order it should be done...........and details as far as the does and donts. A buddy of mine has a brand new XR650L and wants to do everything!! He does not have a computer but I would love to relay this information to him.

There is quite a bit of information scattered around the net on this topic. Try these following links:

Carb mods (AKA Dave's carb mods

Thread on Dave's carb mods

Video of carb mods procedure

Smog removal

The de-snorkeling process should be fairly self explanatory. Just remove the two rivets that hold the snorkel in place.

Searching this forum, 4strokes.com and the advrider thumper forums should give you all the info you need. I've made an initial attempt to consolidate some of this useful information found on the web using a wiki @ http://www.xrwiki.com It is very new, so if you find any useful information you would like to share, please feel free to add it for others to use.

Carl.

P.S. I plan on doing most of these mods to an '07 xr650l within the next few days, so if you have any specific questions maybe I can help.