What size tire do you guys usually run?

I run Dunlop 952's and usually run the 120's, but I got a 110 on at the moment and I don't know if I like it or not.

One thing I cam tell is that there seems to be a lot more spinning, slipping and sliding going on now compared to the 120's. The 110 seems a lot more rounder too, which wouldn't help. I think I will be sticking to the 120's.

I think on a stock(ish) bike, there wouldn't be too much of a problem running a 110 though, and would benefit from the smaller size.

I just think it would be interesting to hear some other views.

I have a Pirelli MT18 120 rear right now, which does well. Still spins, but you gotta realize, a WR450 has a ton of power, so it's gonna spin anything you put on there!! I had a teraflex 150 which was awesome, but I have it dual sported, so it didn't do too well on the pavement. Overall, I like the 120 rear tire the most. Suits everything I do with it!!:worthy:

I really liked and still run on my 250 Metezler MC5

Cheap as hell from motorcycle superstore. I would compare to the TT store.

I ran a 120/100 on the 450. 110/100 on the 250

I like 130's or 140's when I am mostly climbing. I go with the 110's or 120's in the mountains, I like the smaller stature as I am short.

I like 130's or 140's when I am mostly climbing. I go with the 110's or 120's in the mountains, I like the smaller stature as I am short.

130 / 140 in euro or jap size?

How much of a difference do you notice between the different sizes?

120/100

I havn't rode mine yet, but i upped my stock to a 120 also, im tall, and i thought any higher would be a help, and it's wider for more tractions, IM sure the 450 has enough power to turn it over........

SprocketMedium.jpg

I havn't rode mine yet, but i upped my stock to a 120 also, im tall, and i thought any higher would be a help, and it's wider for more tractions, IM sure the 450 has enough power to turn it over........

Our stock is a Dunlop 130! Even on the wr250! :worthy: Overkill.......

Dunlop 952 120/90

I run a 130 M12 and love it for out here in the mud

What terrain and what tire pressure? MY 952 was not so great over 13lbs. At 10-12 it was good. I think the rubber is so hard in this tire that air pressure has to be reduced.

I did not like the front 952 so well. I felt it was a little slick. Still, to be fair, I put the 952 on after a 756rr......For me, nothing touches a 756rr in front.

What terrain and what tire pressure? MY 952 was not so great over 13lbs. At 10-12 it was good. I think the rubber is so hard in this tire that air pressure has to be reduced.
I hear ya. I do run 12psi in my tires. :worthy:

The terrain we're talking about is the harder stuff at the moment. When the rains come (any time now...) it will be slop!

I did not like the front 952 so well. I felt it was a little slick. Still, to be fair, I put the 952 on after a 756rr......For me, nothing touches a 756rr in front.

Hahaha, It would be nice to get some race rubber on the bike! :D

WR4540

I just installed M12s both front and rear. Rear is a 130... fantastic tire :worthy:

I run 12lbs in the rear on my 952 120/90. I ride in desert terrain (rocks, soft sand, rocks, deep sand, rocks, medium and hardpack dirt, and more rocks)

I am pissed that I now have to small dents in my rims. I wonder if an extra lb of pressurie would have helped?

I also run 756 on the front, but not the rr.

Get the widest you can purchase that is specifically suited to the terrain you ride most often!

120-140 or 5.10"

. . . and YES, the 450 can turn it over quite easily!! :worthy:

I am pissed that I now have to small dents in my rims. I wonder if an extra lb of pressurie would have helped?

I don't think you are going to stop that mate. Mine are a bit dented too!

Get the widest you can purchase that is specifically suited to the terrain you ride most often!

120-140 or 5.10"

. . . and YES, the 450 can turn it over quite easily!! :worthy:

There is handling benefits of going to a smaller tire. The front end doesn't push as much, it does seem easier to move the bike around. You also get the benefit of faster acceleration and response too.

I just cranked up the power on my bike though, the 110's now seem too small for me. I still think they would be of benefit on the "usual modded" WR.

are the stock tires good,, 06 wrf450 ?

mine wore out real fast, and i found they never had great grip

mine wore out real fast, and i found they never had great grip

We got the 130/90/18 Dunlop 908. Very crap tyre that doesn't last long and also gave no grip.