Cam Chain Replacement?!

I am trying to get more info on the intervals for changing the cam chain. I have heard on some other threads that once a year is mentioned. No recomended interval is mentioned in the maintenace manual though.

What intervals are you guys going by? Any input from the high milegae guys, Indy, simon@vic etc:thumbsup:

I did mine at 12,000 miles. The sprocket on the crank is pretty hooked so you end up replacing the crank at the same time.:worthy:

I did mine at 12,000 miles. The sprocket on the crank is pretty hooked so you end up replacing the crank at the same time.:worthy:

Thanks Indy, that's what I was hoping for. 20000km for so sounds good. I will not worry any further then.

So when you rebuild the engine with a big bore and crank kit would be the ideal time:thumbsup: :D

Thanks Indy, that's what I was hoping for. 20000km for so sounds good. I will not worry any further then.

So when you rebuild the engine with a big bore and crank kit would be the ideal time:thumbsup: :worthy:

Don't stop worrying yet Boer.

Maybe if the chain is replaced at say 10,000km, it wont hook the sprocket:excuseme: