HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boer

WB E2 spark arrestor

6 posts in this topic

I have tried contacting White Brothers , however they are not very eager to respond to customer's correspondance:thumbsdn:

I have the E2 for my 06'WR450 and usually run the exhaust fully open. On the last ride I decided to give it a try with the spark arrestor endcap to try and feel a difference over fully open.

I noticed that when it is fitted the spark arrestor is faily loose between the muffler and the cap. It actaully rattles around in there.:worthy:

Do any of you E2 owners have this same problem? Is it normal?

Yes I did.Same exact thing made the pipe sound louder than usual too.I just put a little dimple in the spark arrestor to make the end cap fit tighterBe careful not to make it to big or the end cap won't screw in I.think it is a poor design either that or no racer were using them so they just made something simple to get us by.

I have the same problem with my E2. it makes an annoying rattling sound while the engine is running and i can easily move it around in the muffler with my hand. it never used to be this way until recently and i cant figure out how the spark arrestor just all of a sudden loosened up. i was thinking the same thing about putting a dimple in spark arestor to hold it against the end cap...how should i go about doing this?

I installed a plastic shim for mine...the original spark arrestor actually broke apart from the rattling...the new one is snug and does not rattle after installing the shim...:thumbsup:

Chris

take a pliers and gently bend one of the lips of the sparky. then it fits tight.

no worries.